Previously "I Like That Lamp" // Free Shipping on Orders $50+
September 27, 2017
Whether you’re out of inspiration, on the lookout for your next lamp project or easy ways to update your home decor on a budget, this post is the right place to start your next DIY adventure into lamp making.
Lately, we have been receiving a lot of questions for specific lamp tutorials and when our own didn’t fit the bill, we gladly recommended some of the creative and innovative DIY tutorials in the list below. Hoping this roundup will make it easier for DIY lamp crafters to find the right tutorials for their projects, we browsed the mighty world wide web looking for the best and most interesting ones.
If you’re only looking for a fast and easy tutorial on how to make a DIY lampshade, you can check out ours, here. We explain how to build your own lampshade using fitters and adhesive styrene.
Our founder, Kiri Masters, came up with this easy-to-use supplies to help other DIY crafters make lamps they love without having to struggle to source for professional materials or pay an arm and a leg for expensive supplies.The supplies are super easy to use and you will be able to make a custom drum shade in less than an hour. You can use paper, wallpaper and all kinds of fabric with our adhesive styrene and you will still get a beautiful and durable new lampshade.
You will find DIY lamp tutorials that include makeovers, customizations, and recycling. We tried to include specific projects, like repairing a ribbon vintage lampshade or making a lamp from an old camera. Some of the tutorials below are super easy to take on, others will require a bit of your time, attention and some additional supplies or tools. In the end, all it matters is that you will find the right project for you, the one that will help you make a lamp you’ll love.
1. How to craft a knock-off grain sieve and turn it into a pendant lamp using basswood, staples, wire mesh and hot glue. Tutorial by The Wood Grain Cottage.
2. How to make a DIY sconce lamp for your home using an aluminum sheet and an embroidery hoop. Tutorial by EYSpace via Instructables.
3. How to decorate a plain white lampshade with pompoms. Easy DIY lampshade makeover tutorial by MomSpark.
4. How to make an easy DIY lampshade using a T-shirt in less than an hour. Full tutorial available on our website, here.
5. How to create an awesome and unique pendant lamp by decorating the drum shade with wall decals. DIY makeover tutorial by iHeartOrganizing.
6. How to make a lampshade using mosaic tiles. Step-by-step tutorial by Pretty Handy Girl.
7. How to customize a plain drum lampshade with fabric decoupage. Watercolor floral fabric tutorial by Hannah Bruneman for Better Homes & Gardens.
8. How to give an IKEA Magnarp lampshade a cool makeover using adhesive styrene and new fabric. Step-by-step tutorial available on our website, here.
9. How to customize a plain lampshade with a herringbone pattern, using stencils. DIY tutorial by Place of My Taste.
10. Easy tutorial to customize a glass lamp base using decorative stripe. Idea by Delineate Your Dwelling.
11. How to make a brand new lamp using a bottle as a base. DIY tutorial by Nicole Sanchez, available on our website, here.
12. How to give thrift store lamp bases a cool makeover with spray-painting. Tutorial by Live from Julie’s House.
13. How to upcycle an Earth globe into a pendant lamp for your home. Tutorial by Brent Ridge and Joshua Kilmer-Purcell for Rodal Wellness.
14. How to make a cool minimalist Edison table lamp with a phone charging option. DIY tutorial by Andrew Snavely for Primer Magazine.
15. How to make a crystal base for your table lamp. DIY tutorial by Lindsey Crafter for eHow.
16. How to make a lampshade customized with a kid’s drawings. DIY tutorial by Rhiannon Gillis available on our website, here.
17. How to make a DIY cool concrete lamp base with an ombre pattern. Tutorial by Pneumatic Addict.
18. How to update a thrift store lamp with gold spray paint, mod podge, and wrapping paper. DIY tutorial by At Home with the Barkers.
19. How to make a pendant lamp using veneer sheets. Tutorial by Hot DIY Tutorial.
20. How to make a drum shade with cutout geometric patterns using fabric and adhesive styrene. Tutorial available on our website, here.
21. How to make a ribbon crisscross lampshade. DIY tutorial via Midwest Living.
22. How to make a lamp for a kid’s room using toys to customize the base. Tutorial by Rebecca from Project Nursery.
23. How to make a lampshade using lego. It’s a lot easier than imagined. DIY tutorial by Kiflies Levendula.
24. How to build a steampunk lamp from pipes, gauges and a bulb cage. DIY tutorial by DP Livingston.
25. How to give vintage ribbon lampshades a makeover. DIY tutorial by Life with the Lanes.
26. How to make a double pendant lampshade using fiberglass. DIY tutorial by Vitamini Handmade.
27. How to upcycle a DIY lampshade with a panel frame using adhesive styrene. Full tutorial available on our website, here.
28. How to turn a vintage camera into a DIY table lamp. DIY tutorial by Lovelyetc.
29. How to make a lamp using driftwood. Tutorial by Just Call Me Home Girl.
30. How to make a tripod lamp using a vintage drum snare stand. DIY video tutorial available on our blog, here.
31. How to make a DIY love letter lampshade inspired by Pottery Barn. Tutorial by The Shabby Creek Cottage.
We're curious: did you try any of these tutorials before? Or do you have a cool DIY lamp tutorial you'd like to share? We'd love to hear from you. Use the comment section below to share your story with our lamp making community or send us your message on Instagram or Facebook.
February 25, 2020
This is a very great post and the way you express your all post details that is too good.thanks for sharing with us this useful post..
Read more at:
ott content provider
September 03, 2018
July 07, 2018
June 15, 2018