This is a high-quality metal lampshade ring set for making custom DIY drum lampshades. Making a lampshade is a lot easier than you might expect, and when you DIY you have the freedom to use any color, size and pattern that you like. It just takes a little bit of creativity and an hour of your time to make a totally custom, unique drum lamp shade that you can be proud of.
European fitter lampshade rings are used on lamps with European-style electrical sockets, which are threaded on the outside. They’re primarily found on imported lamps like those from IKEA. These fitters thread directly onto a lamp’s socket, and are held in place by a cap that screws on.
They can be built into the top of a lampshade (for pendant and hanging light fixtures) or the bottom of a lampshade (for sconce, table and floor lamps).
- Includes 2 rings: a top ring with a euro-fitter and a plain, circular bottom ring for making one cylindrical lampshade
- Most common type of fitter found in Europe
- Ideal for IKEA lamp makeovers
- Made out of a sturdy, galvanized steel wire that will last
- Versatile modern drum style that works well with a wide range of lamp styles
- Not suitable for lamp bases with harps
Pair this item with our Adhesive Styrene and a Tacky Lampshade Glue Kit and make a lampshade you love!
FREE SHIPPING when you spend over $45 (the US only)
How will my lampshade attach to my lamp’s base?
The Euro fitter lampshade ring sits over the lamp socket. Refer to the third product picture for a visual of how this works.
What’s the difference between a Euro fitter ring and a Spider/Washer ring?
These lampshade rings attach to your lamp in a different way. Euro fitter rings are generally for IKEA lamp, and some Target lamps, while Spider/Washer fitter rings are more common in the United States. Lampshades with Spider/Washer fitters are for lamps with harps.