Previously "I Like That Lamp" // Free Shipping on Orders $50+
July 26, 2017
Wood is one of the most popular materials in interior design and it’s mostly because of its variety of colors, textures, shapes and patterns. Any piece of wood can be used to add personality to a room and emphasize your unique style and we love this material for lighting. In today’s round-up post, we found 34 wood lamps that look so nice you will want to DIY immediately.
Wood lamps look very nice and can be customized to match your home decor, be it rustic, modern, minimalist or simply laid back and homey. This material adds warmth and elegance, it’s easy to work with and pretty cheap to acquire. You can use new wood, recycle old wood elements from cabinets, wool spools, or you could even give driftwood a try. Yes, you read that right, driftwood makes beautiful lamp bases. Here’s what Jan Dickers, driftwood lamp designer, had to say about finding the right wood for her lamps:
If you’re recycling old wood, you can spruce it up to look appealing once again with sanding, staining and waxing. Wood accents on lamps can be spruced up by sanding off the original finish and staining or painting the wood. Consult your local hardware store for the proper sandpaper grits to ensure a smooth and even surface. If you’re giving a makeover to an old wood lamp, make sure you disassemble it first before sanding.
Wood lamps can come in all shapes and functions, the only limit is your imagination. Before you start making plans for a wood lamp, make sure the wood base you have selected will withstand being drilled for the fittings.
1. DIY table lamp crafted in a recycled wood block, featuring an Edison light bulb and colored wiring, designed by ZuccheSgusciate.
2. Industrial steampunk wood table lamp with Edison light bulb and base handcrafted from natural wood, polished and covered with Danish oil, designed by MasterWoodUA.
3. Minimalist double function wall lamp and wood shelf with colored wiring, designed by Bruno Faucz Design.
4. Adjustable table lamp made from recycled slats of an old garden wooden sunshade, designed by Recyclart.
5. Adjustable table or floor lamp made from wood panels, designed by Crafty and Co.
Beautiful designer lamps can cost hundreds of dollars. With a DIY kit, you'll be able to make a beautiful, quality lamp for a fraction of the cost. You'll also be able to perfectly match your lamp to your own style and decor needs. We all have different taste - don't settle for a generic lamp. Make a lamp you love!
This kit includes all of the electrical and hardware components that you need to make a brand new lamp, or rewire an old, broken lamp.
INCLUDED IN THIS KIT:
6. Minimalist wood table lamp handcrafted from a single blog of English oak, designed by Monoqi.
7. Wood cube floor and table lamp with blue steel legs, designed by Marcus Abrahamson.
8. Handmade giraffe birch wood lamp with aluminum shade and colored wiring designed by Leanter.
9. DIY table lamp and panel lampshade crafted from reclaimed solid oak and steel, designed by NewPurposeDesign.
10. Mannequin wood table lamp with a cigar box as a base, designed by BarthsBrilliantBoxes.
11. Wooden lego man table lamp designed by Lumoteka.
12. Cat shaped wood table lamp made from oak and covered with matter varnish, designed by Randombold.
13. Wood log table lamp, manually hollowed out, designed by Uniquelightingco.
14. Ceiling wood slice lighting fixtures made from walnut seen at Impressionen.
15. Table lamp made of towan wood, inspired by the ancient walled city of Chiang Mai, seen at Ethan Allen.
16. Edison light bulb wood triangle table lamp found on Pinterest.
17. Minimalist Acacia solid wood block table lamp, hand sanded and oiled to bring out the natural grains in the material, designed by GlowSpot.
18. Modern table lamp with cone lampshade crafted from European lime wood, hand cut, sanded and constructed, designed by Paladim.
19. Table lamp made from ovangkol wood, with colored wiring and Edison light bulb, designed by Telltale Design.
20. Edison light bulb desk wood lamps designed by RRLightworks.
21. Reclaimed desk table wood lamp, designer unknown.
22. Geometric wood base lamps, hand faceted to resemble a gemstone, crafted of walnut, designed by WorleysLighting.
23. Hexagon wood table lamp crafted of American Black Walnut with 25 watt Edison bulb, designed by Fernweh Woodworking.
24. Ceiling fixture with lampshades hanging from a branch, designer unknown.
25. Geometric wood pendant lampshades with Edison bulbs made from thin wood strips, designed by Herr Mandel.
26. Wooden veneer light pendant light made from oak in the form of a lotus flower, designed by Yndlingsting.
27. Driftwood ball pendant light with Edison light bulb, designed by Shades of Light.
28. Pendant lamps made from wood beads (ash, oak, maple and walnut), designed by Coco Reynolds.
29. DIY bedside lamp made from a wood lantern, full tutorial available here.
30. Adjustable dog table lamp made from several types of wood, designed by LUMINOSElamp.
31. Minimalist tripod floor lamp with tapered wooden legs, designed by BHS.com.
32. Ceiling pendant lamps made from hollowed tree branches, spotted at Trend Hunter.
33. Geometric wood panel chandelier, spotted at Chatfield Court.
34. DIY wood lamp made from reclaimed cigar box with Edison style light bulb for the ultimate vintage look, designed by SaltCityLampWorks.
Beautiful designer lamps can cost hundreds of dollars and come with limited customization opportunities. However, with a DIY kit, you'll be able to make a beautiful, quality lamp for a fraction of the cost. Our
Lamp Wiring Kit
includes all of the electrical and hardware components that you need to make a brand new lamp, or rewire an old, broken lamp.
Wiring your own lamp takes less than 10 minutes and is so easy that even a beginner DIY-er can do it.
September 27, 2019
Thank you very much for the freat post. We also https://woodak.com/urunler/abajur produce smilar Wood Lamps
July 16, 2019
I would like to view some of my lambs that have made
June 05, 2019
Great ideas, thanks for the stimulation.
October 11, 2018
Wonderful diy project! Kinds of lamp.I like them.
September 03, 2018
July 07, 2018
June 15, 2018