Free Shipping on Orders $50+ Click HERE to Start Shopping!
July 23, 2013
I had a gorgeous ombre pink silk blouse that never really fit that well. Not being able to stand the thought of throwing or giving it away, I did what any normal person would do.... made it into a lampshade! The finished result was so feminine and soft. At night the light coming through the lampshade has the most beautiful pink glow.I used DIY lampshade supplies which let you turn any piece of natural fiber fabric (silk, linen, cotton) into a lampshade. That means a 'past it' piece of clothing could potentially be upcycled into a lampshade. Cut it up and see how much fabric you are left with. Don't worry if you have a seam running through your piece of fabric, just work with it!
3. Trim the fabric to leave a half inch overhanging on all sides except one of the short sides.
4. Glue down the fabric overhang on the other short side with the fabric overhang.
5. Wrap your fabric & styrene rectangle into a cylinder and attach a bulldog clip on each end to hold it together. Rest one of the wire rings on the arms of the bulldog clip. Hold the ring in place using a couple more bulldog clips around the circumference of the ring.
6. Section by section, paint on the glue and fold over the wire ring. Wait until the glue is tacky, then use your molding wand to gently push the fabric up and underneath the wire ring.
7. Once finished with one end, flip the shade over and do the same for the other end. Note: be careful to place the top ring (the one with the three spokes) inside the lampshade so the spokes dip down into the lampshade.
8. If you wish to finish the edges with ribbon, paint glue on to the ribbon a section at a time and smooth it on. I used ribbon both inside the ring and outside, because the pale pink silk was translucent once I applied the glue and it looked a bit ratty. It really did help to finish it off nicely.
Enjoy your new lampshade! What unique material would you make a lampshade out of?
January 28, 2023
i want to share to the whole world how Dr Kachi the Great of all the Spell Caster, that helped me reunite my marriage back, my Ex Husband broke up with me 3months ago, I have been trying to get him back ever since then, i was worried and so confused because i love him so much. I was really going too much depressed, he left me with my kids and just ignored me constantly. I have begged him for forgiveness through text messages for him to come back home and the kids crying and miss their dad but he wont reply, I wanted him back desperately. we were in a very good couple and yet he just ignores me and get on with his life just like that, so i was looking for help after reading a post of Dr Kachi on the internet when i saw a lady name SHARRON testified that Dr Kachi cast a Pure love spell to stop divorce. and i also met with other, it was about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 24 hours at the end of her testimony she dropped his email, I contacted Dr Kachi via email and explained my problem to Dr Kachi and he told me what went wrong with my husband and how it happen, that he will restored my marriage back, and to my greatest surprise my Ex husband came back to me, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day our marriage is now stronger than how it was before, Dr Kachi you’re a real spell caster, you can also get your Ex back and live with him happily: Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org his Text Number and Call: +1 (209) 893-8075 Visit his Website: https://drkachispellcast.wixsite.com/my-site
September 03, 2018
July 07, 2018
June 15, 2018
Join Our Community of Creatives!
Sign up to our mailing list to receive project ideas, giveaways + discount codes!