Previously "I Like That Lamp" // Free Shipping on Orders $50+
October 26, 2017
There’s something magic about autumn and October is the best month of the season. All those beautiful shades of red, orange and brown, look almost surreal under the stunning blue sky. The weather is just fine, a bit chilly in the morning, but that makes it easy to wear layers and we all know, layering is the key to looking stylish.
All this beauty, this amazing harmony of colors are an amazing source of inspiration for our crafter's hearts. Especially since it’s really hard not to pick those gorgeous fallen leaves you find every step of the way. Fortunately, there are so many easy crafts ideas to take on using autumn leaves. You can use colorful fall leaves to make lampshades, garlands, bowls or you can use them as stencils or wall art. If you too are blown away by the beauty of the fall season, here are some crafts ideas you could try. In fact, we dare to say, these DIY crafts with autumn leaves will make you love this season and want to start crafting right away.
1. Make a DIY glitter garland with faux autumn leaves, but you could use pressed natural leaves. Falling leaves tutorial featured by House of Jade Interiors Blog.
2. You could decorate book pages with autumn leaves. DIY tutorial at Simple As That Blog.
3. Spray paint fallen autumn leaves with a touch of golden and line them up in a garland. DIY leaf garland tutorial seen at The Sweetest Occasion.
4. How about customizing your dinner napkins with leaf prints? All Things G&D used leaves to custom print dinner napkins.
5. If you love mason jars (and who doesn’t?), this project is a perfect way to bring that autumn magic into your home. Add a candle and you’ll have a romantic atmosphere in no time. Step-by-step DIY tutorial for decorating a mason jar candle holder with autumn leaves at Sparks and Chemistry.
6. When you’re an artist at heart, you probably have a bunch of nice wall art hanging around your home. Here’s a neat and easy idea to make autumn-themed wall art decorations. DIY tutorial to put pressed leaves between glass panes at BHG.com.
7. Here’s another great idea for artists: paint or draw on large autumn leaves. Or, if you’re feeling up to a challenge, choose tiny ones. You can find 4 ideas to make incredible art using autumn leaves at Ooly.com.
8. If you’re an autumn bride with a tight budget for unique decorations, this idea is on point. Make beautiful gold leaves wedding place cards. Polkadot Bride has the step-by-step tutorial on how to coat your leaves with a gold pen.
9. Put your patience to the test and make DIY leaves bowls! Yes, that sounds almost impossible, and possibly quite unpractical, but if you want unique fall-themed decorations for your home, these might be it. For an even bigger challenge, use leaves skeletons to create your bowls, like these designed by Japanese artist Kay Sekimachi using Kozo paper, watercolor and Krylon coating.
10. Another DIY leaf project that will put your patience to the test is crafting a wreath. The Happier Home Maker has an easy tutorial, using faux leaves, but you can also give this a try with real autumn leaves. Just make sure, they aren’t very dried.
11. Autumn is also when Halloween happens. If you’re feeling a bit uninspired by traditional monster costumes and mask, here’s a neat idea. Use autumn leaves to decorate a mask. Step by step DIY tutorial available at Small Friendly.
12. When you have a long autumn and no sign of snow for Christmas, you can always craft a fall leaf tree. Check out the full tutorial at Made in a Day.
We were surprised to find there’s more than just one neat lampshade using autumn leaves for decor. Although we have tried so many different lampshade projects before, this was the first time we realized leaves can be added to the mix. And check out just how nice they look. These lampshades with pressed leaves do add a touch of warmth and organic texture to home decor.
13. This pretty lampshade features real pressed golden ferns and Japanese maple leaves. Created by botanicallampshades.
14. A simple pendant lampshade will never look the same after you add pressed leaves. Spotted at Home Jelly.
15. This lampshade with pressed autumn leaves and flowers is out of this world. Created by A Handmade Cottage. Learn how to make a bottle lamp without drilling any holes, right here.
16. If you love fairy lights and autumn, this DIY project is perfect. Add autumn leaves to fairy lights and enjoy a whimsical garland. Seen at Wall Flower Kitchen.
17. These wall sconces are so pretty. Technically, these are forest ferns, but the end result is fabulous. Seen at Ambient Art.
18. This beautiful lampshade with dried autumn leaves stole our heart on Instagram. Created by Luminosa Lighting.
Hope you’ve enjoyed our inspirational post featuring autumn's colorful leaves. We’re quite curious: did you try any of these DIY projects? Or do you have a cool lampshade with autumn leaves you'd like to share? We'd love to hear from you. Use the comment section below, to share your story with our lamp making community or send us your message on Instagram or Facebook.
For tutorials, visit our dedicated section here or see what our contributors created.
September 03, 2018
July 07, 2018
June 15, 2018